Gravectory – American-made sticker cutting machines vary widely, from silhouette cameo 1, cameo 2, cameo 3, curio, portrait and others. But on this occasion, let’s try to compare the difference between the sillhouette cameo 3 mower and the curio silhouette. Both are made in America, but in terms of advantages and uses are different.
1. Silhouette Cameo 3
This Cameo 3 sticker cutting machine was launched this year on August 1, 2016. This cutting machine is a new product from an American product that has undergone many feature changes and others. This cutting machine is also capable of cutting vinyl, paper, cardstock, cloth, and other materials with a width of up to 12 inches and a length of 10 feet with accurate results and with good and neat precision, also has double carriages, so it can print and cut endlessly.
- Silhouette Cameo Features 3
- Cameo 3 has several storage areas for knives, pens and other tools. also has compartments to keep things organized.
- Cameo 3 has dual carriages, with 2 carriages the sticker cutting machine is capable of cutting and pulling endlessly.
- The Cameo 3 features Bluetooth technology for wireless cutting or plugs into your home computer.
- Cameo 3 has improved Touch-Screen, it is also equipped with a built-in speaker that will respond immediately to your touch.
- The Cameo 3 is equipped with “push knobs” for a stronger grip on the knife and pen.
- Cameo 3 is equipped with “Autoblade”, which is able to adjust itself by moving to a far corner and pressing up / down on the operator of the hole / slot at the bottom of the machine.
- Cameo 3 is equipped with “pixScan” technology, which allows users to take pictures via their cellphone camera and send them to a cameo cutting machine.
- Cameo 3 is equipped with Scan and Cut, in order to print designs from the printer.
2. Silhouette Curio
The Silhouette Curio machine is an American product. This machine has the same function as the Cameo 3, but the Curio machine comes with several other functions that are arguably different from the other silhouettes, namely the ability to etching the anodized plate, embossing / debossing, and also. stapling function (drawing with dots.
- Silhouette Curio
- Curio can cut thicker materials such as leather, foam, foil etc.
- Curio can perform 2 sequential functions such as embossing then cutting
- The Curio has 2 opposite handles and can be attached at the same time
- Curio can print and emboss
- Curio can score and emboss
- Curio is equipped with dual carriage multitasking
- Curio has the ability to Deep-Cut
- 8.Curio can cut thicker materials as project surfaces such as (stencils etched directly into wood up to 5mm thick)
- Curio can be used for metal etching
- Curio is equipped with “pixScan” technology, which allows users to take pictures via their cellphone camera and send them to a cutting machine
So, the conclusion is from the difference between the cameo 3 silhouette and the curio silhouette in terms of ability and size. The Silhouette Curio is designed for greater variety in terms of capabilities such as embossing and etching with slightly thicker materials and a cutting size of 8.5 inches. But Silhouette Cameo is only able to cut materials with a size of 12 inches for decoration (vinyl, polyflex, sticker paper, cardstock, cloth etc.)